About the Role:
Role: Senior R&D Engineer
Salary: Excellent salary, Healthcare and pension.
My client set out to build the world's most customer-focused healthcare company by understanding customers' needs, and innovating and delivering a diverse range of products that improve the lives of people.
You will get the opportunity to deliver complex projects with significant technical challenges. Overall responsibility for various projects, including process development, implementation of new equipment/automation and new product introduction. You will be leading cross functional project teams and liaising with senior management to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Plan, lead and execute complex projects from prototype through to final validation.
- Manage design control activities such as Risk Analysis, Product Specification, Test method and Process Development to successfully bring product through Process & Design Qualifications up to and including Design Transfer.
- Develop and source appropriate technologies and materials for typical medical device processes.
- Ensure that all products are developed in compliance with regulatory requirements. Plan, organizes and provides direction to R&D personnel, as required.
- Can build, develop and coach an Engineering team.
- Provide input and direction to management on various technical issues.
- Responsibility for initiating budgets and ensuring the projects are carried out within the budgets.
- Degree in Engineering or related technical field.
- At least 5 years previous related experience, or which at least 2yrs in a supervising capacity.
- Working knowledge of Product and Process development, Risk Management, Design Qualification and Regulatory Systems
- Experience in automation, laser applications and new technologies an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of medical device materials and processes.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD / Solidworks and / or 3D modeling experience.
- Ability to manage cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated experience of applying Lean tools / Six Sigma techniques to improve business processes & performance. Green Belt or Black Belt certification an advantage.
If you are interested in applying for this position or would like to hear more about it forward an up to date CV and we can organise a time for a call.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Sthree UK is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.