About the Role:
Are you looking for your first Managing Director position within the Pharmaceutical Industry? Based in North West London an international Testing Laboratory is looking to hire a new external MD to grow and manage the already expanding client base. This organisation is part of a larger group of companies who has carved a niche in providing leading products to the private and consumer health markets.
This position is looking to take control of the Contract Laboratory Testing Business a business boasting the highest profit margins of the 6 group companies.
The organisation operates within multiple areas of the health markets, encompassing contract manufacturing, sales and marketing, export and pharmaceutical testing.
This particular position will be leading the pharmaceutical testing division. This division is a contract laboratory, providing testing for raw materials and finished products, method development, validation and stability services. The organisation was set up five years ago to fill a market niche involving a faster customer service. This has aided their rapid growth of a vast range of customers over the last few years of operation.
With a team of 12, all of which are involved in client interaction having a proactive commercial outlook, sales are increasing YoY.
The original Managing Director and first to lead this division for the group is now looking to move on after five years of leading the company.
What do we require?
This role will be focused around commercial growth, leading a team that consists of lab, quality assurance and business development professionals, all of whom have been employed due to their commercial mind set. The group's CEO wants this person to have an entrepreneurial mind-set and ideally experience in managing a business with P&L responsibility in the past, demonstrating commercial growth success. Not only that but also be able to demonstrate the ability to implement and drive great customer service, with this being the key ingredient to the company's success.
A background within big pharma or "industry" leading teams could potentially be suitable; however, it is more likely a person that has led either a smaller pharma services business or similar size company would be better suited.
They will also:
- Be commercially and financially astute, and have a proven record of sales growth;
- Be obsessive about delivering great customer service;
- Be a strong people manager, able to coach and develop team members;
- Be resilient and robust;
- Provide both effective challenge and support;
- Have a broad knowledge of best practise across sales and business in general;
- Be a team player with a low ego;
- Be clear and analytical in their thinking, and be able to help individuals and teams think at their best; and
- Be driven by strong shared values.If this role sounds of interest, please call Max Eldridge on [... Click Apply...]311, or apply above.
Sthree UK is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.