About the Role:
Information Technology (IT) Lead, Cardiff
The Information Technology Lead’s role is to assure the successful execution of the company’s business mission through development and deployment of the company’s products and solutions. This requires envisioning the company’s service offerings as a web-based and mobile applications business, leading implementation of web/mobile applications, and planning for risk and growth.
• Three month trial followed by permanent job, Full time role based in Cardiff
• £30k - £45k per annum
• Flexible working based on results not clock-in-clock-out time keeping
• Exceptionally fun and talented teammates in UK and MENA
• Open, inclusive environment where your ideas count and make a difference
Strategy & Planning
• In partnership with the company’s management, identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success
• Identify technology trends and evolving social behavior that may support or impede the success of the business
• Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including web/mobile application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company’s services
• Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of the company products/services
• Participate as a member of the senior management team in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organization’s resources are used responsibly.
• Collaborate with the appropriate departments to assess and recommend technologies that support company organizational needs
• Establish a governance process that meets legal, government, partner, and company expectations for customer information privacy
• Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide information security plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the data and servers, especially with regards to medical data handling and storage and compliance with the applicable standards.
• Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
• Communicate the company’s technology strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders
• Participate in the company R&D activities from feasibility to product development
• Reporting, documentation and technical writing during all phases of the company production, maintenance and troubleshooting
Implementation & Deployment
• Collaborate with the management and potential customers to develop use cases (or user stories) and specifications that describe the implementation of the company’s services as a web/mobile application
• Collaborate with a User Experience Designer and potential customers to prepare wireframes or mockups of a prototype of the company’s web application
• Select or define the company’s software development methodology
• Establish a specification conformance and testing regimen based on user stories and the User Experience design
• Promulgate coding conventions and documentation standards
• Review current best practices for the selected web framework and establish the architecture for the new products
• Select and manage company staff or outsourced vendors who will implement the development
• Establish and supervise the software development process, setting short-term objectives and assessing progress as defined by the selected software development methodology
• Conduct code reviews and specification conformance testing as defined by the selected software development methodology
• Establish and supervise a quality assurance process, including integration and system testing
• Select, deploy, and monitor performance profiling tools and procedures
• Review and approve proposed development releases and manage the release process
• Evaluate and select application hosting providers
• Establish an application deployment process and supervise deployment to staging and production servers.
• Monitor application performance and review any application failures in staging or production
• Establish and monitor a web analytics regime that measures site traffic and application usage relative to business goals
• Support the marketing process by providing implementation of technical requirements for Internet marketing and search engine optimization