About the Role:
DevOps Engineer - Gov - Based in a lovely part of UK down by the coast.
My client is looking for a DevOps Engineer to come and work for them based in their Plymouth office. Based in a lovely part of the UK next to the coast where it is great for surfing and Sea fishing. With the summer quickly approaching, what a great time to be joining this organisation on a 6-month contract.
- Helping C&I to develop a modern automated integration platform and defining best practice and standards.
- Administration of Linux servers, delivering a complex web app/middleware integration stack.
- Provide mentorship and knowledge transfer to internal team members with the goal of the internal team being self-sufficient in a planned timescale.
- Asset and Configuration Management.
- Assist with building a culture of continuous delivery and improvement, ensuring that key systems are regularly analysed, maintained and improved.
- Being involved in the wider development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and share our experiences.
- Building and configuring new server platforms and the automated tooling to do so.
- Experience in Linux system administration / Management, preferably RHEL
- Experience configuring and managing / System administration of Linux servers for serving web/integration development, testing and production services.
- Outstanding communication skills. The ability to tailor communication both to business and technical audiences as well as to various roles and levels in the organisation is essential.
- Experience with J2EE application servers e.g. JBOSS, etc.; relational databases e.g. Oracle.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (TDD, SCRUM, Kanban, etc.) and developing product roadmaps.
- Experience with open source solutions and community.
CV deadline: 22 /05/2017
Contract length: 6 months.
To gain access to this great opportunity, please send a word doc of your CV to:
[... Click Apply...]. I work on other Cyber; Public Sector and MOD roles so please feel free to contact me.
Current and up-to-date knowledge of the current market. My job is to find out what exactly you look for in a role and to try and source that position for you. Being ex-military means that I also have a pretty good understanding of a lot of these roles and environments you will be going into.
We are an international recruitment company which specialise in different sectors including Cyber Security, Government & MOD. We are one of the highest ranked suppliers in our field so we have a great working relationship with our clients which can give you a greater chance of being shortlisted. Here at Nonstop we offer a referral scheme so if you do refer a candidate that we don't know and we place you will receive £200 GBP in vouchers.
Contact: Andrew Frost: [... Click Apply...]590 Email: [... Click Apply...]