About the Role:
This Senior Manufacturing Engineer role in Galway is with a very successful global Medical Device outsourcing company. This role is the perfect opportunity for progression from a Manufacturing II level or a lateral move into a very exiting role and company that offers exposure to all aspects of the business.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organisation, control, integration, and completion of engineering activities within area of assigned responsibility which involves project and program responsibility.
- Interfaces directly and regularly with customers (internal and external) technical staff.
- Often is included in critical technical discussions with customers to bring deep insight to a problem or opportunity and establish a high level of credibility
- Exhibits highest level of expertise in chosen technical fields, often cited as an expert in the field
- Evaluates, when required, proposed projects for feasibility and applicability
- Leads in the development of new products and implementation of processes as assigned for Customers and/or Internal Projects
- Reviews existing processes to identify and implement cost, quality, and productivity improvements through advanced approaches.
- Plans, Develops, and Executes Process and Test Method Validations (IQ, OQ, PQ, PPQ)
- Communicates ideas, information, and recommendations clearly, effectively and frequently (oral and written)
- Applies and Promotes Lean manufacturing techniques to continuously improve cycle times and process flows. Identifies, supports, or directs the execution of improvement efforts to reduce waste in all manufacturing and business processes.
- Uses structured problem solving techniques and statistical methods for data driven analysis and decisions.
- Applies and leads DMAIC - Six Sigma approaches to solve issues and reduce variation in all manufacturing and business processes.
The successful Senior Manufacturing Engineer should have 3-5 years experience minimum with a level 8 in relevant field with experience in the Medical Device industry a distinct advantage.
If the above looking like something of interest then simply apply to the role directly or contact Aaron O'Byrne of Real Staffing.