About the Role:
A leading medical devices company are currently seeking an Analytical Chemist for an exciting R+D role in their Waterford office.
Contract: 6 months with multiple extensions on offer
Your role as the analytical chemist will be to participate in analytical methods and process development activities. You will be involved in writing protocols, data gathering and analysis. You will have the opportunity to research new raw materials to introduce into a leading product. You will be involved in method development along with analytical tests and validation.
75% of this role will be based in the lab, the rest will be writing protocols and documentation. You will be analyzing data and providing recommendation's on trends, correlations and response variables. You will also be Interfacing with an internal cross functional team while working on these programs.
Day - Day duties:
- Support HPLC, GC, GPC & other method development and validation of new materials by writing and reviewing new sample preparation procedures and analysis protocols in accordance with standards and ICH guidelines.
- Prepare samples and analyze raw materials using FT-IR spectroscopy and other techniques.
- Support new product/process validations.
- Design, execute, and analyze experiments.
- Develop and support new manufacturing processes and technologies.
- Support existing manufacturing processes, quality improvements and cost reductions.
- Ensure product quality and all tasks are in accordance with established SOPs, GMPs, Divisional Specifications, and EHS standards.
- Train manufacturing and junior personnel in required operations
1 or 2 years+ experience as an analytical chemist/scientist in either a pharmaceutical or medical device company
Degree in Scientific Discipline majoring in Analytical Science
If you are interested in this position please apply below or give me a call for immediate review.