About the Role:
An innovative company in the high-value and ethical Medical/Pharmaceutical field are seeking a Senior Software Developer. Are you project-driven and able to thrive in an SME environment? If so, then you could be the Software Developer we're looking for.
What will you be doing?
Do you have strong Java experience or experience working with a Software Imaging Company in Medical or Pharma? If so then this could be the next step for you.
What skills should you have?
- 4+ years Java experience (w/relevant Java 8 experience highly desirable)
- Excellent understanding of object-oriented design and programming
- Good understanding of web-related protocols such as HTTP, SSL/SSH, FTP and TCP
- Familiarity with design patterns, Service-Oriented Architecture, ORMs and web security
- The ability to work with source code control and analysis tools, unit testing frameworks, and a continuous integration environment
- Experience with code reviews, contributing to maintaining and following Software Development processes, promoting best practice and ensuring the quality of the Software
Although not essential, experience with any of the following are considered a plus: practising agile development methodologies like XP or Scrum; or work with Python, Linux (hands-on, including scripting); or mobile technologies (e.g. Apple iOS, Android).
Any prior experience within Medical-Devices, Imaging or Pharmaceutical Software Development is also desirable but not essential in order to apply.
The willingness and desire to take ownership of projects, help drive innovation and performance within the team in a small, fast-growing company environment will help in distinguishing you amongst the best candidates.
Who will you be working for?
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be working for an innovative company in the high-value and ethical Medical/Pharmaceutical field. You will be working with like-minded individuals within a fast-paced culture that offers both great career development and a thriving environment. You are sure to be working for a company who will recognise and reward your skill and commitment, investing heavily in learning and development.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive annual salary depending on experience
- Enhanced pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave
- Extensive on-the-job training
Do you have 4+ years Java experience and a passion for the latest Java and Web-based technologies? If so, then we want to hear from you.