About the Role:
International Business Development Manager
Healthcare, Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology
Flexible European Location
Highly Attractive Package
For over 20 years, Vitaflo® has been at the forefront of developing innovative specialised clinical nutrition products for Inborn Errors of Metabolism (IEM), nutrition support and disease specific conditions such as renal disease. Since our acquisition by Nestlé Health Science (NHSc) in 2010, we have gone from strength to strength and have enjoyed impressive year-on-year growth.
NHSc aims to pioneer the development and application of evolving science to create a new role for nutrition in disease prevention and management, and Vitaflo is an integral part of this mission. With a presence in some 30+ markets worldwide, a burgeoning product pipeline for 2017, 2018 & 2019, and strategies in place to increase our international reach, this is undoubtedly an excellent time to join us in what will be a truly exciting next phase of our development.
Overview of the Role
With continued double digit growth, Vitaflo plans to roll out its product portfolio for the dietary management of in-born errors of metabolism in many new countries and emerging markets, this is where you come in. We have created a highly exciting new opportunity for a proven international sales professional to join our team.
Working at the fulcrum of our business development strategies and reporting to the Commercial Director, your core remit will be to;
• Analyse and determine the requisite business model in key global territories, with a particular focus on establishing a strong presence in emerging markets,
• Manage distribution partners and where applicable make recommendations on new distributor selection,
• Leverage existing NHSc capability as appropriate,
• Ensure your recommendations are implemented locally,
• Support the senior leadership team in establishing a robust platform for sustained growth around the globe.
The role will involve a high degree, but well planned level of international travel and the requirement to maintain a high presence at the Vitaflo global Head Office in Liverpool.
• Drive profitable sales revenue and adoption of the Vitaflo portfolio across global markets,
• Establish a successful and repeatable platform for driving growth, whilst remaining sensitive to the individual dynamics of differing markets,
• Monitor and drive continuous performance improvement,
• Define and implement corrective plans when needed,
• Direct management of distributor markets and those local teams in charge of Vitaflos development,
• Develop strategic projects at local country and head office level,
• Work closely with internal functions and teams,
• Act in an entrepreneurial manner, identifying and acting upon every commercial opportunity,
• Act as Vitaflo ambassador and brand champion,
• Build relationships with key customer stakeholders, including both key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and patient associations,
• Participate as a key Vitaflo commercial leader at industry conferences, exhibitions, trade shows and internal meetings, with the express purpose of deepening industry credibility and influencing important commercial relationships,
• Manage relationships with key stakeholders within Nestlé Health Science and Nestlé corporate.
This is a business critical role, and as such requires a highly motivated and energetic individual focused on exceeding targets. You must be able to balance hands on tactical implementation with strong strategic decision making and most importantly know how to inspire and motivate within a matrix structure. Given our rapid growth potential you will also need to demonstrate a high level of ambition and the desire to develop into a senior business leader.
Desired Skills and Experience
• The ideal candidate will have undertaken a similar international business development position within a healthcare environment,
• Solid understanding of the process of taking products to market and navigating through regulations and cultural sensitivities,
• Results focus and a passion to win,
• A hands on project manager capable of making timely decisions,
• Flexible and adaptable to changing business priorities,
• Ability to build loyal, trusted relationships with customers and key internal stakeholders.
• Exceptional communication skills and a proven ability influencing others,
• Other foreign language skills are an asset.
Please quote reference JO0000000762 in all correspondence.