About the Role:
The Royal Society for Blind Children believes in a better life for blind children. We are on a mission to make sure every single blind child has the self-belief and skills to fulfil the potential we know they’ve got. We are an ambitious charity with a national remit and her Majesty the Queen is our patron; by 2020 we want to have helped 11,000 blind and partially sighted children and young people in England and Wales. In 2016, we supported over 1600 participants through our services. We have an annual turnover of around £3.7 million and employ 100 people.
We are looking for a Digital Project Manager to join a successful, growing team in social tech that works to increase access to new services for vision impaired young people using technology as an enabler.
This role will work in close collaboration with all internal teams and external partners and you’ll play an influential role in the delivery of these new solutions.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Development, you will play a key part in the overall success and smooth delivery of exciting digital projects, while ensuring that creative high standards and forecasted budgets are exceeded.
• Develop and manage all digital project plans for the Innovation team
• Work with internal teams to help define project scope, resource requirements and cost estimates for projects
• Communicate with internal and external stakeholders involved in the project delivery
• Oversee the entire delivery and execution process, ensuring and facilitating effective team collaboration
• Develop reporting process and KPIs overall and for each project
• Monitor and report on progress
• Manage the delivery of projects and deliver projects on time
• Introduce and amend existing processes to improve delivery practices and techniques
• Strive to ensure that the project quality standards are always met
• Digital experience is essential.
• Ability to deliver project within timeline and budget.
• Budget management experience.
• Experience in prioritizing and effectively leading multiple digital projects at a time
• Thorough knowledge of Digital Project Management with at least 1 year demonstrable experience in an agency or digital product team
• Excellent at scheduling with a talent for pushing the project along, keeping everything on track.
• understanding of creative, front-end and back-end technical best practices and processes
• Experience with JIRA, Slack or other reporting / tracking tools.
• Natural problem solver, perfectionist and attentive.
• Experience working in Agile
• Interest in social tech!
London office base+ some travel
Salary: £30-35K per annum (dependent on skills and experience) pro rata
Part time 3 days per week. We would consider applicants who wish to work on a consultancy basis
Closing date 22nd March 2017